- APPLICATIONS DUE: Closed at this time
- Complete an official IPRA scholarship application form
- Minimum of one semester or summer term left to complete when the scholarship is awarded (USA Softball-Iowa scholarship)
- Be a current member of Iowa Parks and Recreation Association (all applicants)
- The scholarship committee will review the accompanying one page cover sheet.
Aforementioned are subject to change
- Recipient is encouraged to attend the IPRA "Best of the Best" Awards Banquet to be held at the Doubletree by Hilton/Convention Complex in downtown Cedar Rapids on the evening of Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
Professional Development Scholarship
Accepting Applications: for Musco Sports Lighting/Outdoor Recreation Products
The Association has created a scholarship platform to invest within its members. Each year, based upon funding, IPRA will empower its professional members through national training, in-state training, and professional development experiences
Beginning in autumn 2018, $2,250 will be awarded to advance the profession. Recipients will be announced during 2020 Conference luncheon. In a nutshell, here’s the opportunity to grow one’s self, agency, community, and profession.
Students (both professionals and college/university) must have at least one semester of schooling left before they are to graduate. Applicants should be attending an Iowa university, college, community college, or originally from Iowa attending an out of state institution. Finally, all applicants must be a current IPRA student member ($20) of professional member.
Two higher education scholarships are available:
- CLOSED - Musco/Outdoor Recreation Products (value $750) - IPRA members in good standing who are a practitioner in pursuance of undergraduate or graduate study or professional certification in the field of parks and recreation.
- CLOSED - USA Softball-Iowa (value $750) - traditional and non-traditional students not employed as full-time parks and recreation professionals.